Looking for the Best Air Impact Wrench ever?
- The impact wrench is regarded as the essence of fastening power.
- While most of the households have electric powered impact wrench tool to carry out certain tasks
- Air driven impact wrenches have also become more popular among the professionals and amateurs due to their functionality and stunning features.
- Air impact wrenches are known to offer the greatest power but they are expensive and consume lots of space.
These impact wrenches are authentic mechanic power tool and provide ample power to bust loose nuts and bolts. The best thing about these air powered impact wrench is that they do not produce any sparks from the motor and so, they are safer when compared to other counterparts. They are more powerful and squeeze more power than the electric motor. To use this wrench, look for an air compressor with 10 gallon tank and 2.5 hp motor to get maximum output of it.
Top 5 Air Impact Wrench Reviews
Known for offering reliability, power and maximum control for carrying out a variety of vehicle maintenance works, the Ingersoll Rand air impact wrench sets itself a new range for performance. This tools are engineered to last, featuring improved controls for utmost convenience and comfort, while performing all-day works.
Perfect to carry out any work in the service bay, the Ingersoll rand air wrench with improved performance renders incredible control and power, along with excellent reliability that comes up out of a century of proven innovation and engineering.
Though it just weighs 4 pounds, this beast offers maximum reverse torque, the high-end power-to-weight ratio of its class. In order to make sure that you take complete benefit of that power, this tool is featured with patented 4-position power regulator dial, patented single-handed push button reverse/forward control and feature-touch trigger.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- With this tool, users can enjoy excellent control and incredible power without any sort of noise, which is due to the feature of patented quiet tool system.
- This design greatly reduces the sound levels caused due to air pulsating via impact motor; however it does not conciliate torque levels.
- This high torque air impact wrench is made to last, featuring lightweight titanium hammer case for sturdiness.
- An end plate that is anodized with hard coat standing up to the difficult jobs and enhanced grease fitting for simple maintenance features.
- In addition, the mechanism of twin hammer uses proprietary advanced metallurgy for allowing resistance to daily wear and tear, while a well-organized air-flow assures maximum performance.
- This is one of the best 1/2 inch air impact wrench which has easily available in the market at affordable rates.
Ingersoll-Rand 231C air impact wrench is known to deliver maximum power which is more than enough for handling tough tasks. This is a must have tool for professional mechanics and vehicle hobbyists. If you are passionate about repairing vehicles but don’t have this tool with you, then you are going to miss some good experience in repairing the bikes and cars.
Ingersoll-Rand 231C is created based on pressure feed lubrication which means that the mechanics and DIY repairing enthusiasts can be assured of ease of use. This heavy duty wrench has the ability of removing stubborn bolts and lug nuts without any hassle.
It comes with adjustable power regulator that lets you to direct variable power in a specific direction and the entire power in other direction. So, you have the freedom to regulate the power independently. Impact wrenches need lubrication for working properly.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- Some power tools prevent you from achieving proper lubrication but you will not face such problems in case of Ingersoll-Rand 231C.
- It is crafted with 2 piece construction which lets you to apply lubrication easily and quickly.
- The exclusive mechanism used in Ingersoll-Rand 231C makes it an ideal for professional mechanics.
- In fact, this additional feature makes this tool a desirable one among the amateurs and professionals.
- Due to its stunning features and attractive specifications, this impact wrench has gained overwhelming positive reviews from the users.
- So, you can purchase this tool with confidence as it lasts for several years and helps you with basic maintenance of your vehicle.
The AIRCAT equipment line has a substantially lesser amount of noise, while sustaining more torque and power. The husky air impact wrench from aircat have been tested and proved to operate at about 82 to 88 dBa, much under the OSHA guidelines. This feature is beneficial for not just the mechanic, but the complete business.
The patented tuned muffler technology, in every tool, enables discharged air to be passed without increasing back pressure, hence retaining high power, while essentially reducing noise. AIRCAT tools have creative exhaust design that integrates its revolutionary global patented internal filter/muffler.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- Some of the benefits of this tool include decreased hazards from inhaling exhausted air substances, the eradication of blow-by into workers lungs and eyes and also the reduced noise.
- AIRCAT also features a patented ergonomically designed handle make to relieve fatigue and stress on the hands, wrists and arms of the operators.
- The patended AIRCAR handle provides better distribution of weight for balanced tool and offers a ideal grip that makes it simple to use for extended duration of time.
- AIRCAT delivers a complete line of pneumatic components, including air ratchets, die grinders, cut-off tools and reversible drills.
- This AICAT wrench supports both twin clutch and twin hammer mechanisms.
- This tool is a sturdiest ½ inch air impact wrench of its class with limited edition camouflage composite built.
Related Links: Want To Know About Electric Powered Impact Wrench
NitroCat 1200-K is regarded as the most influential ½ inch air impact wrenches available today. To ensure greater durability, the manufacturer has composed this impact wrench from Kevlar material that is frequently used for making bullet proof vests. NitroCat 1200-K comes with ergonomically designed handle to reduce fatigue and ensure greater comfort while handling daunting tasks.
It is also designed with patented quiet technology to reduce noise to just 86 decibels. In order to let the users to manage with any task, NitroCat 1200-K is provided with twin clutch mechanism. You can take advantage of patented through the handle exhaust feature to keep the operator face unit away from debris and dust.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- All these features make this impact wrench a hard hitting tool that outperforms any daunting task.
- It is one of the most powerful air impact wrench which performs the complicated task much easier and faster.
- The patented muffler technology allows the discharged air to get through the tool without creating any back pressure.
- This results in power retention and significant noise reduction.
- The manufacturer has incorporated revolutionary, patented internal filter which reduces the hazards from being absorbed.
- This results in the elimination of debris and dust blown into the user’s eyes and lungs whilst reducing noise at the time of operation.
- The ergonomically designed handle offers more comforts to your hand and so, you can hold the tool for longer time.
This is a super duty high performing and high power air impact wrench. The power of this tool is conservatively rated at around 1200 feet/lbs, however constantly delivers more than any other competitor.
The twin hammer clutch mechanism is featured for utmost durability. Ergonomic handle and handle exhaust are the highlighting features of this tool. The directional control and three position power regulator offers single level for enabling all controls with 3 positions in full power reverse and forward.
Developed to last in the highly demanding setting, this is the tool of choice for truck maintenance, high volume truck spring and heavy equipment shops. This Chicago pneumatic air impact wrench is also known for offering smoothest operation ¾ inches impact with unmatched durability.
FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
- There is a single hand push button reverse/forward power control and 4 positive power settings in frontward and ultimate power in backward.
- Handle exhaust with air inlet of 360 degree swivel is featured to prevent the hose links.
- This tool also features new conveniently contoured handle grip.
- This tool is ideal for bus and truck maintenance, spring work, construction equipment and farm machinery.
- For all sorts of general maintenance applications, this Chicago pneumatic wrench is perfect as it is equipped with durable clutch and powerful motor.
- The operator comfort will remain high with this good wrench due to ergonomic design.
- The extended anvil for the purpose of tyre work is also featured in this device.
Air Impact Wrench – recommendations for potential Consumers
Air Impact Wrench which is also called high torque or high rattle gun, is usually a power tool which is functioning by means of compressed air. Some other ways of getting power by impact wrench may be hydraulic or electric power. The last models of air impact wrenches don’t require the cords. These wrenches are more easy to use comparing to the manual power old models; they will save you lots of time and energy. Electric and hydraulic power supply wrenches are still in use but they are slowly replaced by the electric cordless machines.
These are mainly used in automotive manufacturing, car repair, in heavy equipment maintenance, you may also use them for tires’ bolts fixing. Both the professional mechanics and the home-owners need the good impact wrench for either professional or domestic purposes of use.
When choosing the best impact wrench for your own needs, you have to make sure which size of the wrench you may need. There is also big variety of different impact wrench manufacturers. The most popular brands of air wrenches include such producers as Ingersoll, Bosch, Hitachi, Kawasaki, Dewalt, Rand, Ryobi, Skil, Makita and quite many others.
The most commonly used sizes of impact wrenches are 1/2 inch, 3/8 inch, 1/4 inch or 1”. The high end models are the models for ¾ inch or 1” sockets and their price is comparatively high. Such wrench may cost you up to 400 USD. You may also choose among the less expensive models for the smaller size sockets like for example a very popular model Ingersoll Rand 231C 1/2-Inch which will cost you around 100 USD. Among the other top sold models is Hitachi WR18DL cordless last generation impact wrench. Its source of energy is the 18 volt battery. Also check authentic mechanic power tool for your need.
How To Choose the Right Air Impact Wrench
When choosing the appropriate air wrench you should also try to find out how portable the model has to be and how strong the torque power is. For example the Hitachi model may have up to 1900 inch/lbs and it has the half square drive. Such portable models with the good level of torque power will cost you around 230-250 USD. You should definitely pay attention to such factors as length of work of the wrench and try to find out which ones are the most powerful ones.
Probably one the best and the latest models of impact wrench is the Ingersoll ultra-modern model which is very portable and easy to use power tool, and also extremely powerful and speedy one is the Ingersol Super Duty. Size of the socket is ½ inch. You may find it in the web for around 500 USD discount price. But in spite of the high price the model Rand 231C by Ingersol is very popular both among the private users, weekenders and the professional mechanics. This model is supplied with power regulator which may be adjusted in 3 different positions; it also has a high-efficient, 6-vane motor.
Among the best models of impact wrenches with electrical supply of power is for sure the Milwaukee model of the 9072 product line. It is supplied with the speed dialing option. It has a very light weight — only 6 pounds and ½ inch size. You may find it in the shops for only 180 USD. Among the latest models, which have the ultra modern Lithium-Ion Battery, 18-volt power, is the latest Hitachi creation — model number WR18DL.
This wrench is light, portable and absolutely fantastic in maneuvers. It gives the fantastic torque — something around 1950 in/lb. Its square drive has of ½ inch size. This model of impact wrench is very good for auto-mechanics, as it is supplied with additional LED light source, which may be very useful in the dark spaces as the additional source of the lighting.
Among the other cordless models of the air impact wrench are Bosch 22612 ½ inch model has quite an attractive price — it costs around 200 USD. It has quite powerful 12-volt battery. Some of the Dewalt models of air wrenches are extremely popular due to their high level of power and the length of working.
If you are able to maintain these air impact wrenches in the best possible condition, you can expect these tools to last for longer time. You have to oil it regularly to prevent the motor from wearing out. These wrenches are excellent tools and are making a revolution in the construction and mechanical industry. It is better to stay away from poorly constructed tool if you are happened to use them in the rugged environment.
If you get the low quality one with the intention of saving your money, you may not enjoy its longevity. When you opt for low quality ones, they may break under heavy use and you may end up replacing it very often. So, take your requirements into consideration and read reviews and testimonials posted by the consumers before purchasing the impact wrench kit for you. It is very important to make a well informed decision while getting this best air impact wrench.