After your house, a car is one of the biggest investments you’re likely to make.
The key to any investment is looking after it. From regularly servicing your car through to buffing it up at home or in the carwash, proper maintenance keeps it running well and looking showroom-fresh.
How about those valuable finishing touches, though?
Today, we’ll take a look at 5 of the very best tire shine products. These sprays or gels are designed to deliver a slick sheen to your tires while also protecting them against weather and pollutants.
If you want your car looking like it’s just zoomed out of the detailing shop without the stiff bill that accompanies that kind of service, read on…
We’ll get down to business now with our reviews of the top tire dressing on the market before rounding out with a concise buying guide.
List of Best Tire Shines For Long Lasting Shine
|Meguiar's G7516 (Editor's choice)||Gel||Very Glossy|
|Chemical Guys Silk Shine||Spray||Natural|
|TriNova’s Tire Shine||Spray||Glossy|
|Black Magic 800002220||Foam||Clean|
5 Best Tire Shine Reviews
Meguiar’s Endurance Tire Gel (16oz)
If you want your car to turn heads, attention to detail counts…
It’s senseless investing in the best rims if they’re sat on dirty boots. That’s where the quality tire shine comes in with Meguiar’s Endurance Tire Gel topping our list with just cause.
Like all the best tire dressing, Endurance is built to stay the distance. The proprietary formula ensures your car looks like it’s just come from the detailing shop for weeks on end. The polymer blend is aggressively water-resistant so even after a downpour or washing your car, the dressing stays in place.
The gel formulation is arguably more effective than the spray. You’ll get added control during application. The gel won’t end up dripping like some sprays tend to. Bonding to the tires perfectly, you won’t end up with your hubcaps or rims splattered with dressing when you’re cruising along.
Do you hate that yellowed look tires can take on after being exposed to too much sun? Antiozonants in this formula prevent this leaving you with a rich, glossy look that lasts and lasts.
One thing to note: wipe away the excess when you’re done for best results.
Whatever the weather, you can fully rely on this strong contender for the best tire shine product on the market. You’ll get shine, durability and great value in a neat 16oz bottle.
Related Link : Cordless Impact Wrenches Reviews
Auto Glym Instant Tire Dressing (16.9oz)
Stepping up in terms of price and producing a more muted finish, Auto Glym serve up one of the effective tire shine sprays up for grabs.
A high gloss finish is not to everyone’s taste. If you want to finish your tires more naturally, a light application of this tire dressing freshens them up very subtly.
Simply spray the silicone-based spraying over your tires. Use a light touch. Once the white cream seeps in, you’ll be left with a deep black finish. Make sure you don’t apply Auto Glym when it’s windy. You can easily end up with a backdraft whipping the cream over your paintwork.
Spray onto the wheels directly for a slightly glossier and understated look. If you apply it using a micro-fiber cloth, you’ll get an even more downplayed finish.
Auto Glym tire shine spray stays in place for a couple of weeks even if you experience the occasional downpour.
For a mature and effective approach to tire dressing, this spray is hard to beat.
Chemical Guys Silk Shine Sprayable Tire Dressing (16 oz)
Chemical Guys offer an affordable, multi-purpose dressing that works on more than just your tires.
This detailing brand is gaining legions of fans for providing outstanding value without sacrificing performance.
The uprated Weather-Tek spray is significantly longer-lasting than the original Silk Shine. From your tires through to the interior of your car, you can impart a high-shine finish to rubber, leather or vinyl with a single application.
Silk Shine doesn’t just look slick, it also adds a layer of protection against harmful UV rays and pollutants.
You’ll get none of the greasiness or residue that can plague low-quality tire dressing. Despite the sheen, this water-based spray dries rapidly and one application will last weeks even if you wash your car frequently.
We opted for the 16oz spray. If you work in a detailing shop, there’s a bumper 128oz bottle available.
If you want the good tire shine product for a natural, matte look, road test Silk Shine from Chemical Guys today.
TriNova Tire Shine Spray With Rubber Protector (18oz)
Everyone wants different results from the best tire dressing and TriNova targets those on the trail of a wet-look finish.
Tire shine sprays serve several purposes. Not only do they help restore your ride to showroom condition, the best spray can also keep grime from penetrating and protect your tires from the elements. One coating of TriNova accomplishes all these goals.
Beyond this, TriNova’s innovative formula also safeguards your tires against aging which is one of its key selling points. Think of this tire dressing as an investment rather than an expense.
You can fine-tune the degree of shine according to how long you leave this spray to dry out. The more you extend the drying time, the glossier the finish.
If you want your tires to stay blacker for longer while also giving you more service, TriNova spray deserves a place on any shortlist of the efficient tire shine products.
Black Magic Tire Wet Foam (18 oz)
Last but by no means least, Black Magic brings you an aerosol tire dressing with a thick foam inside.
When you apply this foam to your tires, it efficiently cuts through all the accumulated grit and debris for a truly clean look. That said, be realistic and don’t expect it to miraculously remove thick, ingrained mud.
This dressing delivers a wet-look finish that will bring out the very best in your pride and joy.
Application couldn’t be easier. Spray on the foam, leave it to sink in and do its work for 10 minutes and you’re good to go.
While multi-purpose products have their place and are convenient money-savers, often their core purpose is diminished. Since Black Magic performs more than just tire shining duty, it’s not quite as effective as some of the pure tire shine products we reviewed.
Overall, though, this wet foam will clean and shine your tires while protecting them for up to 2 weeks at a very keen price point. What’s not to love?
Tire Shine Buying Guide
Follow these simple tips to get the best experience with your tire shine product…
How To Apply Tire Shine
It might seem unnecessary to talk about how to apply a tire shine spray or gel.
While application is straightforward, it pays to bear a few important pointers in mind.
- Clean Your Tires: Before anything, make sure your tires are thoroughly cleaned. A once-over with the hose is not really enough. Pay attention to embedded dirt and take your time. You want to start your detailing from a solid foundation
- Dry Your Tires: Many tire dressings suggest you can apply the spray or gel to wet tires. Disregard this. Listen to the detailing pros instead. Taking a few minutes to sponge down any excess water will lead to more consistent results. Drying the tires also allows the dressing to bind to the tire more efficiently
- Wax On… Using a pad to apply the tire dressing is a smart move. This will guard you against using too much. Less is more with tire shine. With a spray or gel, work the product into your tires. Make sure you wear protective gloves
- Wait: Be patient and allow the tire dressing to sit for anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. Refer to the instructions for a precise guide. This step is crucial for top-notch, lasting results
- Wax Off… Even if you have a feather-light touch, some surplus dressing is sure to need wiping off. Use a sponge or cloth. Not only will this stop the product being flicked up on your paintwork, it will prevent dust and contaminants binding to the wet shine
Features of The Best Tire Dressing
Now you’ve got a clear idea of how to apply the best tire dressing, what should you look out for when you’re buying it?
- Ease of Use: With so many superb tire dressings at your disposal, don’t settle for one that’s awkward to apply. Sprays or gels are usually best depending on your preference. Aerosols can work well. Shoot for the method that best suits your needs. There’s no right or wrong answer here
- Shine and Durability: Obviously, the chief reason for buying tire dressing is to get slick and shiny tires. Decide whether you want a wet-look gloss or a more downbeat matte finish. Prioritize tire shine that lasts for a week or two before needing another application
- Protection: The top-notch tire shine products don’t just enhance aesthetics but also protect your tires. Look for a spray or gel that helps ward off sun damage and stays in place even if it’s raining. Look out for water-resistant polymers in the formulation. These help to stop your tires turning brown and minimize the amount of dirt that sticks onto them
- Cost and Value: Since tire shine is relatively cheap, it’s well worth angling for the top-end dressings. It’s pointless to save a couple dollars if the product doesn’t do its job. Tire shine lasts almost indefinitely and you get plenty of mileage from a single bottle so think about overall value not just the bottom line
How To Make Homemade Tire Dressing
If you want slick, black tires without investing in a professional tire shine product, you can try making your own.
While car shine is cheap, perhaps you object to the chemicals it contains and want a more natural approach to detailing your vehicle.
What You Need
- Distilled Water
- 2 Buckets Warm Water
- Mild Dish Soap
- Castor Oil
What To Do
- Squirt a few drops of soap into a bucket of warm water. Mix well
- Apply this to your tires, scrub and rinse
- Spray some alcohol onto your tires. You can mix this 50/50 with some distilled water if the tires are already fairly clean. If they’re a bit dirtier, use neat alcohol
- Wipe down the tires with a lint-free cloth
- Once the tires are all dry, coat them with castor oil for a shiny finish
While this approach doesn’t have the same long-lasting results or show-stopping effect as the best tire dressings, it’s environmentally sound and
What is The Best Tire Shine Product?
Of the 5 tire dressings we reviewed, our strong recommendation as overall best tire shine product of 2018 is Meguiar’s Endurance.
Not only does this spray deliver a subdued but glossy finish, it’s more rugged than most of the competition and will stay in place while protecting your tires at the same time.
And the best thing?
It’s not even particularly expensive so check out this awesome tire gel today.
We trust you’ve found this look at the high quality tire dressing products has given you an insight into how to make the most of your car without paying expensive detailing bills.
Any of the 5 tire shines above work well but for the complete package, invest in Meguiar’s Endurance.
Drop us a line if you have any questions at all. We’re always more than happy to help.
Come back soon!