The 10 Best Cordless Impact Wrenches
In this cordless impact wrench review, we look at the 10 best cordless impact wrench products available.
Cordless is far better than the corded variety because you don’t have to worry about how far the air tool’s cable will stretch or have work and safety concern over accidents tripping over the power outlet cord either.
However, batteries are required, and they must be recharged to keep the tool usable for several hours a day if used regularly.
The pneumatic air tools still have their place for hardcore jobs in the workshop that need nothing less but getting air tools into and out of tight spaces isn’t very practical.
This is where cordless impact wrenches have their place in the workshop.
Instead of manually loosening and removing lug nuts from a wheel, these impact wrenches provide heavy-duty action via powerful rotating forces to release the grip of even the most stubborn nut.
In fact, nuts throughout the engine and manifold can be removed using a strong impact wrench; not only lug nuts.
Most of the units under review are ½-inch versions, but there’s also a couple of good 3/8th-inch versions if you require that (socket adapters are available separately to convert a 3/8th-inch socket to a ½-inch one).
We’ve got you covered either way.
To simplify the investing in process, we have accumulated info into the following analyses of the 10 best wireless impact wrenches available by 2020.
View 10 the Best Cordless Impact Wrench for the Money, Below
1.Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 1/2-Inch.Best Cordless Impact Wrench
- Provides maximum productivity by removing stubborn and high torque fasteners up to 2X faster than the competition
- Most compact cordless High Torque Impact Wrench in its class at 8.39" in length
- Industry leading 4-mode drive control with bolt removal mode, allowing for ultimate control.
2.PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Impact Wrench
- Powerful motor produces 260 feet pounds of torque for heavy applications
- Maximum of 1,650 rpm's for driving large fasteners quickly
- 1/2 Inch hog ring for quick and easy socket changes
3.Makita XWT11SR1 18V
- Bl Brushless motor delivers 210 ft. Lbs. Of max torque and 295 ft. Lbs. Of nut-busting torque
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 5-3/4" Long
- 3-Speed power selection switch (0-1, 600/ 0-2, 100/ 0-2, 800 RPM & 0-1, 800/ 0-2, 600/ 0-3, 500 IPM) for precise fastening control in a wide range of applications
4.Ridgid R86011B OCTANE
- POWERFUL - Make light work of removing rusted-on or over tightened nuts and bolts. Nut busting torque: 300 Ft/Lbs. Tightening torque: 260 Ft/Lbs.
- PREMIUM HIGH SPEC MOTOR - 20V MAX Impact Driver powered by a high spec powerful motor
- CORDLESS FLEXIBILITY - Portable use with no cords to worry about which should allow for use indoors and out. Comes with a 20V Max 3.0Ah battery.
5. WORKPRO 20V Cordless Impact Wrench, 1/2-inch
- Compact and Powerful: With powerful motor, this 20V impact wrench delivers 320ft pounds of max torque and max 3200rpm speed, allows you to tighten or loosen various nuts and bolts easily. Max no load speed is 2100 rpm for driving large fasteners quickly.
- Infinitely variable speeds: Infinitely variable speeds control is possible with the On/Off switch. The further you push the switch, the higher the speed of the impact wrench. Once release the switch, the tool stop immediately, provides more security.
- Fast Charger&Power Indicator: Rechargeable 20V 2.0 Ah lithium-ion battery pack allow the tool work longer. Power Indicator remind charger in time. Fully charged in only 1 hours with the matched WORKPRO fast charger.
6.DEWALT Bare-Tool DC820B 1/2-Inch 18-Volt Cordless Impact Wrench (Tool Only, No Battery)
- Frameless motor for extended tool durability and life
- Compact size and weight allow access into tighter areas and reduces user fatigue
- 1,740 in-lbs of torque to perform a wide range of fastening applications
This is our first cordless impact wrench review, so it’s fitting that it’s a DeWalt product because they’re a popular brand with mechanics and other people who work with power tools all day.
The familiar yellow branding is evident here with its coloring along the side air vent, the side of the handle, and most noticeable at the base.
The 20-volt lithium-ion batteries are not sold with this SKU (it’s the bare tool with no battery or recharging base provided) but this too sports the attractive yellow branding.
The 1/2-inch square drive is powered by an 18-volt brushless motor.
The brushes are replaceable to extend the life of the tool itself.
The metal transmission is well-produced and surrounded by magnesium on the case for improved resistance from the regular knocks of rough workshop life.
The DC820B is a compact work tool for busy mechanics who sometimes need to get into tight spaces and require a small, yet powerful tool for their job.
The three-year limited warranty is reassuring, as is the respected DeWalt quality.
Brushless, frameless motor
Replaceable brushes to extend the motor’s life
1,740 lbs of torque to rip through nuts
2,400 RPMs to apply maximum pressure
Soft grip for comfortable holding
Minimal if any kickback to the hand
Small LED light
Weighs 2.2 pounds
7.DEWALT DCF883M2 20-volt MAX Lithium Ion 3/8-Inch Impact Wrench Kit with Hog Ring
- Compact (5.70" front to back), lightweight (3.4 lbs) design fits into tight areas
- Three (3) LED lights with 20 second delay after trigger release, provide visibility without shadows
- Hog ring anvil to easily change sockets
The DeWalt DCF883M2 is their cordless 3/8th-inch impact wrench set. It comes with two XRP durable lithium-ion batteries that are rated to provide over 30 percent longer life per recharge.
The 3.8th-inch square drive is usable with the included hog ring anvil to swap out to different sockets like a ½-inch one.
Therefore, this model does double-duty compared to standard ½-inch square drive models.
It’s lighter at 3.4-lbs which will please mechanics who use these tools on and off all day.
The anti-slip handle grip is designed to adhere to the hand without causing rubbing friction.
The three LED lights light up the area being worked on and do not get disabled until 20-seconds after releasing the trigger to turn off the brushless motor.
The unit is also pleasingly compact at just 5.7-inches to slide it into tight spots between vehicles and perform a car-related task.
You may check more car equipment buying guides at autonerdsreview.
Complete cordless impact wrench set
Powerful 3/8-inch square drive
XR lithium-ion batteries for over 30% longer life
3 LED lights that stay on for a few seconds after use
Comfy handle grip and trigger release
18-volt to 20-volt at full load
Two rechargeable 20-volt batteries
Battery charging base
Hog ring included
8. Bare-Tool Milwaukee 2663-20 18-Volt M18 1/2-Inch High Torque Impact Wrench with Friction Ring (Tool Only, No Battery)
- Power Tools and Accessories
- Country of manufacture: China
- Manufacturer: Milwaukee
It’s slightly ironic that this Milwaukee branded tool is made in China.
Nevertheless, this red, grey, and black-hued beast of an impact wrench come highly recommended.
It has a 4-pole motor that delivers 450 ft-lbs of torque.
Considering that most lug nuts don’t need much more than 90 ft-lbs and bolts tend to require up to 120 ft-lbs, there’s torque to spare here.
There’s also an overload protection system too.
The trigger offers selectable speeds to avoid breaking a nut by over-torquing it.
The RPMs reach 1,900 but this 1/2-inch square drive with an anvil for socket changes using a friction ring isn’t hard.
While Milwaukee does have a higher-powered model than this one, most people especially home-based hobbyists will do fine here.
The modestly textured grip and trigger release both work well to control the motor and avoid hand fatigue too.
A good model for home mechanics but also in the workshop too.
Takes off nuts that some pneumatic units couldn’t. No slouch.
Performs surprisingly well compared to initial expectations.
This is just the tool. There’s no battery or charger provided.
. FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
Cordless electric ½-inch square drive impact wrench
4-pole motor surrounded by rare earth magnets
Protected from motor overloading
Can supply 450-ft-lbs of torque
Up to 1,900 RPM
½-inch anvil with friction ring for each socket swaps
Hand tool. No battery or charger supplied
9. Ingersoll Rand W7150-K2 1/2-Inch High-Torque Impactool, Charger, 2 Li-ion Batteries and Case Kit
- Power - 1100 ft-lb nut-busting torque from a tool weighing just 6.8 lb – best power to weight ratio in its class
- Durability- High-efficiency rare earth magnet motor, high-capacity variable speed trigger, all-metal drive train, and metal-reinforced housing enable this tool to stand up to the toughest jobs
- Comfort - Optimized balance combined with an ergonomic handle and soft touch over-molded grip provide increased comfort in extended use
Ingersoll Rand has been making tools for over a century.
Their no-nonsense Impact tool, the W7150-K2, is clearly designed for the car mechanic that has to handle anything and everything.
It features a 1,100 ft-lbs torque that blows most tools in this category clean away.
The motor has rare earth magnets like the previous Milwaukee model reviewed.
The trigger allows different speed selections on the fly.
The drive train is made entirely from metal for more durability.
The housing is also metal and strengthened to last the duration.
The model may not look pretty – it's decked out in black and silver – but it’s all business, all the damn time.
The grip is textured and molded with an easy curved trigger.
The 6.8-pound weight is not the lightest but that’s necessary we’d say to deliver the incredible torque.
The 20-volt battery system uses smart management features to extend the usefulness when using the tool here and there throughout the day.
There’s a battery charger and two 3-amp hour batteries supplied.
An auxiliary USB port is also here just in case you need one.
This is clearly the professional’s impact wrench.
It’s more than you’d ever need in the home, but busy mechanics who never want to be left with too little power will certainly love this model.
. FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
Nut busting 1,100 ft-lbs of torque to play with
8-lbs ½-inch impact wrench tool
Motor surrounded by rare earth magnets
All-metallic drive train and housing
Case that’s blow molded for durability
Set with tool, two 20-volt batteries and charger
10.Bosch IWH181-01 18-Volt Lithium-Ion 3/8-Inch Square Drive Compact Impact Wrench Kit with 2 Batteries, Charger and Case
- 25-Percent lighter than the competition
- Most compact - 23-Percent shorter than competitors - Only 6-Inch long, the most compact design in the market!
- Faster and more torque - 2,800 RPM and 1,600 Inch/lbs of torque
Bosch makes dependable tools. They’ve earned their reputation over the decades.
The Bosch IWH181-01 is no different.
The 3/8th-inch square drive comes with two batteries and a charger.
The unit itself is 6.7-lbs in the hand. It supplies 1,500 in-lbs of torque at the top end using 2,800 RPMs.
The front to back measurement of 6-inches makes it slight and easier to get into tight spots to work.
There’s a LED light to help see what you’re doing when there’s too little light to see naturally or you’re blocking the overhead lights in a narrow passageway.
Unusually, there’s the option of either a 14-volt lithium-ion battery or an 18-volt one.
A hard case is also supplied to house the entire kit safely and not leave anything behind.
The look of this Bosch unit is workman-like.
It is black with blue inserts and a red trigger.
The textured grip from the front area to the back lets the hand breathe and sweat to evaporate.
The curved trigger is smooth and easy to access too.
The model design aims to be both shorter and lighter than other options in its class supplying enough torque to be highly useful in the workshop.
. FEATURE & SPECIFICATION:
3/8-inch square drive cordless impact wrench set
Runs on both 14-volt and 18-volt lithium-ion batteries
1,600 in-lbs of torque
LED light for dark areas
Case for easy storage
. Types of Impact Wrenches
The best impact wrench sets tend to include a single cordless unit, a couple of batteries and a charging unit.A hard-plastic carry case is ideal to pack everything away securely to take the equipment home with you in a situation where workshop staff are required to have their own tools and not use those owned by the garage.
Most units come with a ½-inch square drive. Occasionally, there’s a 3/8th-inch one instead but a socket conversion to ½-inch is possible. Sometimes this does make the pounds of torque lower during use as something is lost by using a socket adapter. Some models offer up to 2,800 RPMs to deliver the powerful torque capable of loosening the most stubborn lug nuts.
It’s helpful when a cordless impact wrench comes with a hog ring anvil which enables you to easily swap sockets connections. This makes it simpler to handle different size nuts that are used on different vehicle and wheel sizes.
Some of the better impact wrenches have LED lights attached to them that activate in darker conditions. These are certainly helpful when changing tires or having to remove a wheel in the course of a repair. When a workshop isn’t well lit in the latter hours of the day as the sun is going down outside, then there is sometimes insufficient light to see 100% clearly which is where the LEDs are useful.
The alternative to a cordless impact wrench is a pneumatic air tool or heaven forbid, loosening tight lug nuts using a tool that you place in position and rotate the dual arms to gradually loosen the nuts if you have enough arm strength!
In the case of the former, a corded tool is fine if you don’t like relying on batteries because they used to die on you unexpectedly. However, with the advent of Lithium-ion battery technologies, ghosting and other battery drain issues that were commonplace a few years ago are no longer an issue. Being plugged into a power outlet has some benefits, but it’s also a safety hazard for tripping over the cable, a power surge could damage the tool, or there are not enough power outlets for all the tools needing a socket at the same time. Read more about Electric Impact Wrench.
- With the latter, taking the lug nuts off by hand is a time-consuming, energy-sapping process that’s no fun. Anyone who’s previously been stuck by the side of the road with a flat tire and needed to swap it out for the spare in the trunk can attest to having had trouble removing all the lug nuts (there’s almost always one stubborn one).
Check out here Automotive Cordless impact wrench.
Related Buyer’s guides and Reviews Lists:
- 10 Best Electric Impact Wrenches
- Best Tire Shines List
- Ratcheting Wrench Buyer’s Guide
- Best Air Impact Wrenches to buy in 2020