Are you looking for an air compressor for an impact wrench?
We want to help you with this and explain the most important facts in this article.
Because one thing is clear: there is not only one impact wrench and accordingly there is only one suitable air compressor.
Both components should be coordinated so that you can achieve good results, either: of course, the job must be easy. So you save a lot of time and ultimately money.
If you need a compressor for an impact wrench, it will provide enough air capacity.
Below, we have listed our 10 best air compressor for impact wrench that provides enough power to operate pneumatic impact wrench.
Buying Guide Contents
- Top 10 Best Air Compressors for Impact Wrenches
- The Best Air Compressor for Impact Wrenches above $500
- Decent Quality Air Compressor for Impact Wrench under $400
- 1. Porter-Cable PXCMF220VW 20-Gallon Portable Air Compressor.
- . Advantages
- . Defect
- 2. Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 Air Compressor
- 3. Rolair VT25BIG 2.5 HP Wheeled Compressor with Overload Protection
- . Advantages
- . Defect
- 4.BOSTITCH Air Compressor for Trim, Oil-Free, High-Output, 1.2 Gallon, 120 PSI (CAP1512-OF)
- 5. Twin-Stack P1IU-A9 2 HP 4 Gallon Portable Air Compressor
- . More Air Compressor Impact Wrench Choices…
Top 10 Best Air Compressors for Impact Wrenches
The Best Air Compressor for Impact Wrenches above $500
1.Campbell Hausfeld VT6275 15 Amp 3.2-Horsepower 60-Gallon Oiled Vertical Compressor Review
- This are air compressor accessory
- This are highly durable
- This is manufactured in China
The Campbell Hausfeld (CH) VT6275 you see in the photo above has got to be THE best air compressor for impact wrenches currently being sold on the market. If you have a lot of automotive projects to work on, perhaps you require a compressor to power up various air tools like heavy-duty air sanders, ratchets, pneumatic drills, and of course air impact wrenches, then this highly durable vertical compressor will provide the best bang for your buck.
Sure, the price is pretty steep, but this is something that would probably last for a VERY LONG while if it’s appropriately taken care of. Really, I can’t see it go bust even after 5 years of usage unless you damage it deliberately or do not maintain it at all.
See, this behemoth is capable of putting out 11.8/10.3 CFM at 10/90 PSI, thus you’d have no issues powering the mighty Ingersoll-Rand 261 3/4-Inch air impact wrench. The IR 261’s average air consumption is 9.5 CFM by the way. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a 1/2 inch impact wrench, 3/8, or a 3/4. The Campbell Hausfeld VT6275 can handle them all.
Now, because of its size, I know a lot of people might deduce that the CH VT6275 would run very loudly. Well, guess what? It’s TOTALLY silent…Just kidding of course! The truth of the matter is at 240+ lbs, the CH VT6275 may be a colossal compressor, but it’s pretty quiet running. It makes some noise of course yet not enough to annoy the heck out of you. I really can’t believe an air compressor this large can be relatively quiet.
The Campbell Hausfeld VT6275 air compressor has minimal drawbacks and I would say the most obvious one is the installation procedure which can be quite tricky. If you check out the product details page here, one user indicated that Campbell Hausfeld has actually uploaded a helpful video on how to install the unit, and I definitely agree. The how-to video is extremely helpful.
In fact, the video is much more precise and easy-to-follow compared to the instruction manual that came with the unit. I suggest you check out the product details page and read reviews left by other users as well, so you’d get a decent idea on the quality of CH VT6275 air compressor. Just use the link on display below.
2. DEWALT D55167 1.6 HP 200 PSI Oil Free High Pressure Low Noise Horizontal Portable Compressor Review
- 225 PSI max pressure and 15 gallon tank allows for longer air tool run time
- 5.0 SCFM at 90 PSI allows for quick compressor recovery time. Wide track, semi-pneumatic tires allow for additional stability, easy movement, and no tire maintenance
- 78 dBA (tested per ISO3744) operational noise level for a quieter work environment
Air impact wrenches are what many people would call “air hungry” tools. Therefore, you can’t use one of those general-purpose, low-cost air compressors to make the tool run smoothly. The problem is compressors that could satisfy air hungry impact wrenches are very expensive.
Fortunately, the DEWALT D55167 you see in the picture above hits the sweet spot between being affordable enough and having the capability to supply enough juice to a high-performance impact wrench. The DEWALT flows 4.8 CFM @ 90 PSI.
So this means that the DEWALT D55167 portable air compressor has no problems running 1/2-inch air impact wrenches. I’ve hooked this up to an Ingersoll-Rand 2130 1/2-inch wrench and had no problems whatsoever.
Heck, I even tried the compressor with the IR 2135TiMAX and the outcome was decent too (even though the IR 2135TiMAX works best at 5 CFM minimum). This baby has more than enough juice to allow a 1/2 air impact wrench to break loose more than a dozen lug nuts on just one air cycle.
Keep in mind that the specs are ideal for 1/2 wrench. You can try it with a 3/ 4 – inch impact wrench but only in an intermittent manner. I think if you planning on using air tools in an aggressive manner including heavy usage of 3/4 wrench, then you’d be better off buying a much more powerful air compressor like the 60-gallon Campbell Hausfeld VT6275 pictured here…
Anyway, yeah the DEWALT D55167 is sufficient for running 1/2 wrenches. The recovery time is pretty fast and you can even use an extension cord to keep it running. Of course, the standout feature of the DEWALT D55167 air compressor is the size which is pretty compact. The wheels, as well as the solid handle, make it easy to lug this 90 lbs air compressor around.
The tank is solidly built with gauges that are very easy to read. It also comes with a decent air regulator for maximizing air tool run time. Another positive aspect of this compressor is that it runs in a relatively quiet manner. I’ve used compressors that are identical in size to the DEWALT D55167 and they were very noisy!
Alright, let me put a link right down here so you can gain more info on this compressor. It can be shipped to your home for free so check it out below.
3. Industrial Air IL1682066.MN 20-Gallon – Best Overall
- 1. 6 HP, dual-Voltage, induction motor wired for standard 120-Volt outlet and convertible to 240-Volt applications
- 135 max psi
- Delivers 6. 2 CFM at 40 psi and 5. 3 CFM at 90 PSI
You will feel secure with Industrial Air products because they are designed specifically for the heavy demands of mechanical engineering, animal husbandry, and service trucks.
With super-heavy components, these compressors are engineered to survive even the harshest and most demanding conditions.
Therefore, the product of the air compressor certainly makes you satisfied with the quality that it brings.
The machine is cast iron, a double cylinder with aluminum head and valve to help ensure faster heat dissipation, the machine does not get hot during use.
Heavy-duty dual-voltage induction motor capable of operating high pump efficiency to help ensure trouble-free operation.
The 20-gallon industrial air compressor is equipped with an air compressor wheel and a small footprint allows for excellent movement. The front handle makes it easy to handle while on the move.
It can provide up to 135PSI, it can also add 5.3 CPM when working at 90 PSI so you can work indefinitely with more air-saving tools.
- Works with 120 and 240 volts
- Cast iron pump should be durable to use
- The clock is hard to read
4. California Air Tools CAT-10020 Ultra Quiet and Oil Air Compressor
- Ultra Quiet only 70 Decibels
- Oil-Free Pump for Less Maintenance & Costs
- 10.0 Gallon Steel Tank with Wheels
California air tools 10020 super speed air compressors, designed with excellent quality are one of the quietest 2.0
Hip electric compressors in the industry with only 70 decibels of sound.
The oil-free dual-piston pump system is designed for performance and durability.
This oil-free pump allows you to use it at different temperatures and uneven terrain.
The tank is 1.5 gallons large and weighs only 20 pounds so this is one of the lightest products.
Drain valves are easy to access, with beautiful additions like rubber feet that make up a perfect overall.
California Air Tools CAT-10020 Ultra Quiet and Oil Air Compressor It has a 120 V motor similar to other air compressors it can work well in cold weather conditions.
The level of 70 dbA is acceptable, but it can affect people around when the machine is operating
- Compact design, easy to move
- Cheaper than the original product line of this company
- Cause noise level
5. DEWALT DCC2560T1 FLEXVOLT Cordless Air Compressor Kit
- Flexvolt 60V max 2.5 gallon air compressor offers all of the convenience
- This product is manufactured in United States
- This product meets customer requirement
DEWALT DCC2560T1 FLEXVOLT is one of the leading famous brands in the mechanical industry.
It has a Brushless motor combined with an oil-free pump which creates high efficiency for air compressors.
The standout feature of this air compressor is its one-way regulator, which is patented for faster and more accurate pressure adjustment.
DEWALT DCC2560T1 FLEXVOLT Cordless Air Compressor Kit has a maximum tank pressure of 135 psi and provides 1.2 SCFM.
It supports the supply of pressure and airflow ideal for a wide range of sand applications and extended finishing that creates diversity for this compressor.
- Fast charging and 3-year warranty
- Effective engine
- Oil-free pumps limit bad risks
- The tank is quite small
- Works great.
Decent Quality Air Compressor for Impact Wrench under $400
1. Porter-Cable PXCMF220VW 20-Gallon Portable Air Compressor.
- 5.0 CFM at 40 psi and 4.0 CFM at 90 psi with 1.5 RHP
- 150 Max PSI; Running Horsepower: 1.5 ;Lubrication: Oil-Free Motor Typ
- 20 gallon tank/UL and CSA certified unit; Twin-V cast iron pump.Tank Material:Steel
PXCMF220VW 20-Gallon is one of the best portable air compressors for impact wrench from 1906 to the present.
Hand-held air compressors have oil-free induction motors and pumps for reliable performance during continuous tool operation.
This hand-held compressor provides high performance at around 1.5HP and Porter offers 4.0 CFM at 90 PSI and 5.0 CFM at 40 PSI. It only needs 15 amps of electricity to be able to use.
However, it has low maintenance and has a longer run time than heavy consumables.
This oil-free pump is a plus for the product because it limits incidents and risks during use such as an oil spill or damaging the surface it touches.
PXCMF220VW 20-Gallon handheld air compressors are of high quality, extendable motor coils that provide high flexibility for users.
The 7-inch thick master wheel makes the product more maneuverable
- Compact design, weighing less than 100lbs
- This portable compressor is oil-free
- Use low voltage
- Make a high noise, affecting people around when using
2. Campbell Hausfeld DC080500 Air Compressor
- QUIET: The DC080500 air compressor is up to 50% quieter than comparable compressors, producing just 68 dBA which it makes the unit ideal for indoor and outdoor use
- VERSATILE: This compressor is perfect for inflation, hobby painting, stapling, fastening, nailing, and bolting projects
- DURABLE: The compressor's key components last up to four times longer due to its oil-free, maintenace free, dual piston pump
Campbell Hausfeld compressor series is one of the designs that bring the most quietness than other compressors.
At only 68dBA, the extremely low sound output provides quiet space for working and limits ear diseases for users.
Durability will be an issue that many people consider when choosing to buy a product, this compressor solves that problem because of its high durability and a long wipe life.
High-performance air compressors up to 125 with PSI, ideal for projects that use a variety of operations such as nailing, screwing, stapling, fastening or breaking.
DC080500 has a maintenance-free pump and does not use oil, so it does not cause problems such as oil spills,.
The dual-piston pump system is designed for high performance and durability.
In particular, it produces no more than 25% more difficult than other 1.0HP air compressor engines.
This is really a product worth considering and choosing.
- Create a quiet working environment without noise
- Long service life, does not require much maintenance
- No oil should limit many risks
- Price is not really competitive
3. Rolair VT25BIG 2.5 HP Wheeled Compressor with Overload Protection
- 6.5 CFM at 90 psi
- 3400 RPM motor
- Splash Lubrication to ensure longer pump life
Rolair is one of the large motor compressors, meeting many demanding requirements of users.
Especially, it comes with many smart features and high reliability to bring trust to many users.
The pump is designed with a cast-iron cylinder, stainless steel reed valve, and lubrication system to ensure the longer motor and good pump life.
Rolair VT25BIG 2.5 HP Wheeled Compressor with Overload Protection, Compact design and impress you with the power it creates.
High mobility with off-road tires and comfortable rubber grip handles.
Equipped with easy-to-use start switches and simple control panel with pressure gauge and two quick disconnect ports.
- Price is an advantage
- High mobility
- Strong capacity and efficiency
- The weight is quite heavy
4.BOSTITCH Air Compressor for Trim, Oil-Free, High-Output, 1.2 Gallon, 120 PSI (CAP1512-OF)
- High-output oil-free pump delivers 2.8 CFM @ 90 PSI and 150 PSI max operating pressure for multiple finish tool operation
- 2.0 HP (Peak), 1.5 HP (Running) motor draws 12 amps for easy start up without tripping circuit breakers
- 1.2 gallon compact design weighs 23.5 lbs. for easy portability
BOSTITCH Air Compressor for Trim, Oil-Free, High-Output, 1.2 Gallon, 120 PSI (CAP1512-OF)
Its capacity is about 1.2 gallons, the 110-volt power source is therefore perfect for use at home. use.
The integrated control panel with roll cage protects the meter from bad risks during use in the workplace.
BOSTITCH Air Compressor for Trim brings satisfaction to the user, the compressor has a beautiful design and high performance.
It is lightweight at just 23.5 pounds and is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
The design is highly portable so you can easily control and move anywhere.
- High horsepower
- Ergonomic design to use anywhere
- Highly durable
- When the product is damaged, it is difficult to have replacement parts
5. Twin-Stack P1IU-A9 2 HP 4 Gallon Portable Air Compressor
- Portable Design: Lightweight, ergonomic design for easy handling, ideal for DIYers or professionals
- User Friendly: Easy to operate front panel and a low 79 dBA noise level provides a superior user experience
- Maximum Power and Flexibilty: 100% continuous duty, two quick disconnect couplers enable you to run multiple tools simultaneously
Twin-Stack P1IU-A9 2 HP 4 Gallon Portable Air Compressor is an ideal choice for users. It brings portability and high efficiency for users.
Great product for a wide range of users, from interior decoration or complete 4-gallon double tank air compressor floors, all with maximum operating pressure up to 135 psi
With a compact, handy design can be carried easily.
It does not take much effort because it only weighs 77 pounds, you can comfortably bring it to the roof and move to the area you want easily.
The 4-gallon Ingersoll Rand P1IU-A9 helps you with heavy work and it has the best lubrication pump for lasting performance.
You only need to maintain it at a minimum to be assured of use.
Air Compressor designed with a front panel easy to see and use, accompanied by a pressure gauge and an external pressure gauge dial.
The product is durable over time thanks to its protective back cover and attached frame.
Long product life by using durable liver cylinder material, protective back cover, and closed frame.
- Convenient design, easy to move
- There is a front control for easy tracking
- Good price
- Rubber foot design is not really effective
. More Air Compressor Impact Wrench Choices…
- Here are a few more top-quality air compressors that you might want to take a gander at…