While the market may be stifling with lots of cheap strollers, there are still good cordless drills that you can get at an affordable price.
In this article, we rate the best cordless drills under $ 100, to give you more options.
Cordless drills provide lots of power as well as features, which won’t cost you much.
We have noted batteries.
All the exercises we tested used Lithium-Ion batteries.
We found that for home use, there is very little difference between 12 v as well as up to 20v.
Some, such as Makita, have a 12 v battery, while others, like Black + Decker, have a maximum battery of 20v.
Buying Guide Contents
- . Our 10 Favorite Cordless Drills under $100.
- 1 .PORTER-CABLE 20V Cordless Drill. Best Additional Features
- 2. CRAFTSMAN CMCD701C2 V20 CORDLESS DRILL/DRIVER KIT
- 3. SKIL 20V – DL527502 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill Driver
- 4.TACKLIFE 20V- PCD04B Cordless Drill
- 5.ORFELD Cordless Drill, Drill Driver
- 10 Best Budget Cordless Drills Under $100 of 2020–Top Picks & Reviews
- 10.Bosch PS31-2A Cordless Drill– Best For Home Usage
- Buying Guide
. Our 10 Favorite Cordless Drills under $100.
1 .PORTER-CABLE 20V Cordless Drill. Best Additional Features
- 20 volt max 1/2 inch drill/driver
- Comes with 1 battery and 4 hour charger
- Includes double ended bit tip
2. CRAFTSMAN CMCD701C2 V20 CORDLESS DRILL/DRIVER KIT
- 1/2 Inch. Cordless drill/driver with high performance motor produces 320 unit watts out for completing a variety of applications
- 2speed gearbox with speeds of 0500/01, 800 for speed of fastening
- 1/2 Inch Ratcheting chuck provides improved bit retention
3. SKIL 20V – DL527502 1/2 Inch Cordless Drill Driver
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO GET STARTED—Cordless drill set comes with a PWR Core 20 2. 0Ah Lithium Battery and 20V Charger.
- THE GO-TO DIY DRILL—This cordless drill is the perfect tool for everyday needs like tightening screws, drilling into surfaces and more.
- LONGER RUN TIME & BATTERY LIFE—The PWRCore 20 Lithium Battery has an innovative temperature management system to keep the battery cool and powering on through your project.
4.TACKLIFE 20V- PCD04B Cordless Drill
- 🔨【3-In-1 Hammer Drill & 310 In-lbs Max Torque】TACKLIFE PCD04B impact drill has 3 working modes: screwing, drilling and hammer drilling, the hammer function can greatly increase your work efficiency. With 310 in-lbs(35Nm) peak torque, the power drill can easily meet a wide range needs of drilling holes and driving screws on wood, metal and plastic.
- 🔨【1 Hour Fast Charging & 2.0Ah Li-ion Battery】The cordless drill is equipped with a 1 hour ultra fast charger, so it takes only about 1 hour to make the battery fully charged, greatly saving your precious time. And the 20V 2000mAh large capacity Li-ion battery, it's durable that you have no worries about running out of power in the middle of a project.
- 🔨【Copper Motor, 1/2" All-Metal Chuck & F/R Switch】Features a Copper Motor, the drill can provide stable operations and is much lighter, cooler than aluminum motor drill drivers; All-metal gears and 1/2" key-less chuck can provide a larger accessory compatibility than 3/8"; The F/R button and variable speed trigger are available for drilling and fastening and allows screws to be removed or replaced once they are secured.
5.ORFELD Cordless Drill, Drill Driver
- 【Battery Guard and Knight】Equipped with Japanese high-tech duo protection system guaranteed your safety, When fully charged, the battery will automatically cut the power and it also can screw 420 pcs (70mm), while the other brands can only screw 200pcs.
- 【A Treasure Box for Beginners】Our tenet is providing you a one-stop source with convenience and more choice of accessories (165pcs) for different work tasks, and 12% cheaper than famous brand products with the same user experience.
- 【Being a Repairman】The variable speed trigger allows for precise speed control by your own fingers and the forward/reverse switch allows you to drive in/out screw as required. Besides, the cordless drill has a 2-speed setting button, 19+1 adjustable position clutch, which offers you all the daily needs and fairly easy to use.
10 Best Budget Cordless Drills Under $100 of 2020–Top Picks & Reviews
6. Dewalt DCD771C2 -Best Cordless Drill Under $100
- Compact, lightweight design fits into tight areas
- High performance motor delivers 300 unit watts out (UWO) of power ability completing a wide range of applications
- High speed transmission delivers 2 speeds (0 450 & 1,500 rpm) for a range of fastening and drilling applications. Chuck type - Keyless
Looking for the best cordless drill under $100? There is a reason why this drill driver is our top pick.
It has attributes that dwarf its cost.
Grit is required in a cordless drill and this unit doesn’t disappoint. A ½ -inch ratcheting chuck delivers maximum strength when you need it.
Power is important in a cordless drill to perform optimally.
The Dewalt DCD771C2 is powered using a premium quality motor with a rating of 373in/lbs.
This ensures the unit functions regardless of the task before you. However, it falls short when compared to more powerful models.
But you can’t have it all with a cordless drill right?
Transmission remains vital in a drill.
You can fasten bolts or screws with the speed this offers. In this unit, there’s a transmission with two-speed options.
You will find this extremely useful since each caters to specific tasks.
Design matters in a cordless drill.
The capacity to maneuver tight spaces cannot be neglected in a power tool of this nature. With the Dewalt DCD771C2, you have a compact drill that can fit some of the smallest areas.
Besides portability, this unit doesn’t weigh a ton. Using a heavy drill can put some strain on your arm. The reverse is obtainable with this Dewalt unit. Its weight of 3.6 lbs confirms its lightweight attribute.
This makes drilling less tasking. Still, on design, this power tool is equipped with a handle that makes carriage easier.
Having control over a cordless drill improves the efficiency of drilling activity.
And that’s one benefit of the ergonomic handle. Also, it makes the entire drilling exercise an agreeable one.
The Dewalt DCD771C2 is a cordless device. You don’t have to be close to a power outlet to use it.
A lithium-ion battery with a 20V capacity supplies power to this unit.
You can always change the battery with the spare provided.
However, ensure you charge these batteries since they come partly drained.
A charger is provided solely for this purpose.
How you carry a power tool can affect its durability.
For convenient and risk-free transportation of this unit, it comes with a contractor bag.
There’s the added advantage of packing in other tools into the bag.
. Why Should Use:-
- It’s affordable
- Remarkable design
- Indicator lights enhance the efficient use of the drill.
. Why Shouldn’t Use?
- Chuck is made of an inferior plastic material
- Regardless of its awesome features, it is not very powerful
7. Makita XPH102 Cordless Hammer Driver-Drill Kit
If you’re seeking for the best budget cordless drill, the Makita XPH102 could be just what you need. A ½ inch hammer drill offers a mix of precision and strength.
With this Makita device, you are not limited to only activities needing a hammer drill.
The bit can be switched depending on the task.
Electric power is converted into its mechanical counterpart through a 4-pole motor.
It can deliver a maximum of 480in/lbs which is quite substantial. Apparently, the XPH 102 is a more powerful drill compared to the Dewalt DCD771C2.
It has a handle that affords you control over the drill.
This segment of the unit is coated with rubber to reduce vibrations common with jobs of this nature.
Using this cordless device comes with the freedom of working at any time of the day.
It has LED lights for improved visibility regardless of where or when you are working.
Like the Dewalt, the Makita offers two-speed settings in its transmission – 1900 rev/min and 28500 revs/min.
You are free to make choices to suit your drilling need.
An 18v lithium battery provides the drill with the power needed to get the motor working.
It should last long enough for you to see a task to completion. And it doesn’t take that long in charging.
This Makita model is heavier than the Dewalt considered earlier.
But its weight of 3.9 lbs wouldn’t warrant you taking painkillers hours after working with one.
. Why Should Use?
- Powerful cordless drill
- Great design
- Multipurpose power tool
. Why Shouldn’t Use?
- Durability remains a problem
- Chuck’s hold on the bit lags after sometime
8. DEWALT DC970K-2 Drill/Driver Kit – Amazing 18V Drill
- Constructed to minimize user fatigue. Dual speed range, 0-450/0-1,500 rpm, delivers optimal performance
- Includes DC970 Drill/Driver Charger, two 18V batteries ,Contractor Bag
- Compact size fits into the tightest conditions.1/2-inch single sleeve key-less ratcheting chuck for tighter bit grip
Anyone looking to purchase the best budget drill currently on sale shouldn’t ignore the Dewalt DC9Z0K driver kit.
It has a ½ inch ratcheting chuck amplifying its hold on the bit.
With a length of only 9 inches, this cordless drill is portable.
You can use this unit regardless of the narrowness of your working environment.
Typical of these types of drills, it has two-speed options – 0-450 rev/min and 0-1500 rev/min.
This can be leveraged to improve the performance of the cordless device. However, this falls short of what is obtainable with the Makita model.
Cordless drills depend on batteries to function.
This unit is no exception. It comes with two 18v Nickel/Cadmium Batteries.
You can switch batteries if the situation demands such.
Sadly, this doesn’t store as much charge as its Lithium-ion counterpart.
Invariably, it won’t last as long.
A motor converts electric power provided by the batteries to mechanical energy.
This component has a maximum capacity of 380 unit watts out.
It is insufficient for power demanding tasks but should do just fine for simpler ones.
Another significant flaw of this device is its weight.
The Dewalt DC9Z0K weighs about 4.7 lbs. It is heavy.
No one wants a cordless drill which could bring about fatigue rather quickly.
. Why Should Use?
- Comes with a carrying bag
- Charging the batteries don’t take too long
- Ideal for simple household needs
. Why Shouldn’t Use?
- It is rather heavy
- Batteries are below par
- Not a very powerful tool
9.BLACK+DECKER LDX120C – Best 20V Cordless Drill
- Ideal for drilling into wood, metal plastic and all screw driving tasks
- Chuck Size: 3/8 inch; Clutch Setting: 11; Included Components: (1) LDX120 Drill/Driver, (1) LBX20 20V MAX* Lithium Ion Battery, (1) LCS20 Charger, (1) Double Ended Bit; Power Source: Cordless
- Lithium Ion Technology & 20V MAX: Lighter, more compact, no memory, longer life
Another best cheap drill certainly worth considering is the Black and Decker LDX120C. It has a 3/8 inch chuck.
For less power demanding tasks, this should do just fine.
Its orange color gives it an alluring appeal contrasting the dull appearance typical of most power tools.
This cordless drill is relatively small.
Its weight of 3.4 lbs ensures you can hold the device for much longer without getting tired.
Altering transmission speed is important in a drill.
You don’t want to overdrive screws when working on delicate materials. This power tool comes with several clutch positions.
You can regulate the actions of the drill during a task. Also, altering the speed of the drill reduces the incidence of countersinking when not needed.
The B&D LDX120C derives its power from a 20v lithium-ion battery.
While this can be charged quickly, it won’t last long enough.
If you’re looking at carrying out a power-intensive task using this tool, don’t do it.
This drill is built to cater to only small tasks around the home.
LED work lights in a drill are rapidly becoming popular. And this unit continues the trend.
You can work in areas without adequate lighting and won’t have to strain your eyes.
. Why Should Use?
- Reasonably priced tool
- Great to have around the home
- Clutch settings are a worthwhile addition
- Lightweight drill
. Why Shouldn’t Use?
- The battery isn’t great
- Not suitable for power-intensive jobs
- It is not very durable
10.Bosch PS31-2A Cordless Drill– Best For Home Usage
- Premium Performance-to-Size Ratio: The PS31-2A has professional grade power at an incredibly light-weight of just over two pounds; The performance-to-weight ratio makes this tool a great solution for electricians, plumbers or contractors who do a great deal of over the head drilling or driving
- Versatile Use: The high torque and the convenience of two speed settings allows the Bosch PS31 2A power drill to tackle applications in materials such as drywall, wood and even metal
- Precision: This electric drill driver combo has two speeds (0-350 RPM and 0-1,300 RPM) and 20+1 clutch settings, allowing users to make precise torque adjustments for accurate screw driving and drilling
The pricing of this Botch device is a bargain when compared to its numerous attributes. Just like the Black and Decker cordless drill considered earlier, this unit uses a 3/8 inch chuck.
Apparently, it is more suited for domestic purposes.
It has two transmission speed options.
This improves the versatility of the device regardless of the surface you’re working on.
With 21 clutch settings, it surpasses what is seen on the Black and Decker unit.
Precision is vital in a drill; this number of clutch settings affords you exactly that.
The design of this cordless drill makes it suitable for enclosures and compact areas.
Its 7-inch head combined with a weight of 2.2 lbs ensures this unit is effortless to use.
There’s also the benefit of an easier carriage.
A carrying case provided with this device eases the transportation burden.
Power supply for Bosch cordless drill comes from its 12V Lithium-ion battery.
You get two batteries with each purchase. They can be switched at intervals if one runs low.
This increases the amount of work completed with the unit.
One of the stand-out attributes of this device is its housing.
Unlike most power tools with a plastic casing, this cordless drill uses Durashield housing.
The composite is a nylon derivative that makes the tool more adaptable to harsh working conditions.
. Why Should Use?
- LED lights illuminate the workplace
- Cost-effective power tool
- The small and lightweight device
- Its Durashield casing is a nice addition
. Why Shouldn’t Use?
- It is not very powerful
- Durability could be improved upon
- Swapping the battery could be a problem
There are now cordless screwdrivers so powerful that a classic drill is no longer needed for many individuals. However, it still reaches a higher speed.
At the same time, a wireless screwdriver is significantly more flexible and, thanks to the included accessories, has many possible uses that cable drills cannot provide.
In fact, this means that people who already have a drill usually buy a cordless drill.
The small, lightweight devices make it possible to screw in and work on the go.
The battery is usually recharged after a short time and if you have a second battery, you can drill almost continuously as needed.
Wireless screwdrivers are indispensable, especially for working on high altitudes or in complicated situations.
It takes up little space and usually comes in an actual box with additional bits and attachments.
. Advantages and disadvantages of cordless drill drivers
- The biggest advantages of cordless drill drivers are:
- Not dependent on the mains, so well suited to work. out side
- Long-lasting and powerful battery transfer
- Thanks to the fast charging station, it is usually ready to be used again within 30 minutes
- strong and sometimes even waterproof
- Various uses.
- Of course, it is important to pay attention to high quality when buying.
- Otherwise, the new wireless screwdriver may not last or lose power quickly.
- Potential buyers should pay special attention to the battery.
- These disadvantages are related to cordless drilling machines.
- Low battery with unnamed brands
- Accessories are not always high quality.
- Less energy than an electric drill
- Work stops suddenly as soon as the battery runs out (risk of accident!)
. Important properties of cordless drill drivers
Anyone who has now decided to buy a cordless drill should compare different offers.
It is also important to know your own needs. For example, students who have just left home need a small cordless drill to assemble furniture occasionally.
On the other hand, hobby craftsmen working with wood or other materials are better advised with a high-performance cordless drill from a famous brand.
Buyers should pay attention to the following features of the new cordless drill.
- Battery/accumulation included?
- Special properties
. Depending on the application, find the right cordless drill for under $ 100
As with any tool, the battery drill ultimately depends on what individual needs look like.
If you only have to tighten a few screws every hour, you can invest in a cheap model without hesitation.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a faithful daily companion.
. Performance: If you’re looking for a small wireless screwdriver for occasional work.
small Bosch devices with 3.6 or 12 volts are perfect. On the other hand, people who often use cordless drills should choose the 18-volt level.
The Einhell and Makita drills are particularly strong
. Including batteries/rechargeable batteries: Batteries are not yet included in Makita and some Bosch drills, which are relevant for novices.
Additional purchases may exceed the $ 100 price range.
. Weight: Bosch small drill bits are the lightest
. Special Features: A practical LED light like an Einhell screwdriver can make work easier, while other customers are more interested in charging via micro USB or exceptionally fast charging time.
. Accessories: This point also affects the final price.
The reviewed cordless drills are certainly valued for money. They might not have the power needed by a professional, but they certainly hold their own. But there’s only one winner here which is the Dewalt DCD771C Cordless Drill. It has a compact design, power proficiency, and impressive adaptability giving it an edge over the others.